What is Hazardous Waste?
Waste is hazardous when it has properties that might make it harmful to human health or the environment.
The term ‘hazardous’ does not always mean that such waste is immediately harmful, though some can be.
Airload provides a liquid waste disposal solution for various clients operating in the industrial, commercial, public service, construction and domestic sectors.
If your liquid waste is hazardous or non hazardous: with over 30 years experience and knowledge of the industry Airload will provide a suitable route to collect, transport and correctly dispose of your Hazardous waste stream at a licensed treatment or disposal facility.
Using vacuum tankers, deep lift super combination units, liquid ring pump units or specialist pumps, we collect liquid waste from various locations, such as:
- Storage tanks, vessels and bund areas.
- Interceptors , vehicle washes and wash down pits.
- Pits. lift shafts or wells
- Pump Stations.
- Ground excavations.
- Drums and IBC containers.
- Spray booths.
- Difficult access areas such as below ground flooded basement etc.
- Lakes, lagoons, reed beds, water courses, ditches and ponds.
- Marine bilges
- Drains, septic tanks, cesspools, grease traps and sewage treatment plants
Should the waste need to be sampled or the method of the works discussed a site meeting can be arranged.
Below are just some of the various liquid waste streams we typically handle:
- Fuel or oil contaminated water.
- Waste or contaminated fuels (diesel, petrol, paraffin, mixed fuels).
- Waste oils such as soluble, cutting, engine, hydraulic, lubricating, gas oil, heavy fuel (HFO) and vegetable oil.
- Acids or Alkaline.
- Caustic washes.
- Coolant waste.
- Manufacturing process effluents.
- Bentonite slurry (water or oil based)
- Animal blood and washings
- Water treatment sludge and chemicals
- Grease trap and food wastes
- Tank cleaning washing’s
- Pharmaceutical waste
- Spray booth waste